Fishing Tourney 23 (Honey): How to Play
Catch some tourney fish!
During this event, you can catch special tourney fish at Saltwater Shores. Use these fish to complete tasks in the Fishing Tourney!
You'll recognize a tourney fish by its sparkling shadow in the water. When you see one, try to catch it!
Notes Regarding Tourney Fish:
- Tourney fish can only be caught during Fishing Tourneys.
- During the Fishing Tourney, tourney fish will respawn every three hours. Once they've respawned, you will have the chance to catch them up to six to nine times.
- When you've caught all of the tourney fish, no more will appear until the next respawn time.
Give your fish to Chip!
After you catch some tourney fish, bring them to Chip and he'll measure them for you.
If you reach a total-size goal, Chip will give you a reward!
Check out all these cool rewards! How many do you think you'll get?
During the event, you will receive rewards for completing Chip Challenges! After you complete a challenge, press the Claim button next to your reward in the Chip Challenges list!
■ Chip Challenge Rewards
Catch two fish at once with the Golden Rod!
If you use Leaf Tickets to rent the golden rod from Chip, you'll catch two tourney fish each time, so long as tourney fish are available to be caught.
Land the big one with a Tourney Throw Net!
You can catch many tourney fish at once by using a tourney throw net!
Notes on the golden rod and tourney throw net:
■ golden rod Notes
· You can rent the golden rod by speaking to Chip.
· The rental period for the golden rod is from 2/12/20 at 6:00 a.m. to 2/18/20 at 5:59 a.m.
· A golden rod rented during this Fishing Tourney will work from 2/12/20 at 6:00 a.m. to 2/18/20 at 5:59 a.m.
· The golden rod will not affect tourney fish respawn timing.
· If the golden rod is rented after the tourney fish have all been caught, you will be unable to catch more tourney fish until they respawn.
· When the Fishing Tourney ends, the golden rod will be returned and you will automatically switch back to a normal fishing rod. If you wish to use another golden rod for the next Fishing Tourney, you will have to rent it again.
■ tourney throw net Notes
· You'll need to use Leaf Tickets to use a lg. tourney throw net.
· All tourney throw nets and lg. tourney throw nets may only be used during the fishing tourney.
· The fish you can catch with tourney throw nets and lg. tourney throw nets will change depending on the fishing tourney.
· The tourney throw nets and lg. tourney throw nets you have in your inventory will stay in your inventory at the end of the fishing tourney, and will be made available again once the next fishing tourney has begun.
Rank Up Your Trophy!
When you reach certain total-size goals, the rank of your trophy will increase. If you increase your trophy's rank to gold fish trophy, you'll have a special conversation with Chip.
Rank up your trophy to see it!
Earn a Special Prize!
After you get the gold fish trophy, there will be another special reward lined up!
This time, the reward is the big honey pot!
Aim for the reward and catch those tourney fish!
Win a Trophy
After the Fishing Tourney ends, all players who turned in at least one fish to Chip will receive a trophy corresponding to the total size of their tourney fish, so don't forget to log in after the Fishing Tourney is over!
- Trophy Pickup
From 2/18/20 at 6:00 a.m. to 2/19/20 at 5:59 a.m.
The total size of the tourney fish you caught will be recorded on the trophy you get for that tourney. You can check out your record by going to Items, tapping on the trophy, and tapping Details.
- Additional Fishing Tourney notes
This Fishing Tourney runs from 2/12/20 at 6:00 a.m. to 2/18/20 at 5:59 a.m..
From 2/18/20 at 5:59 a.m. until refresh time, if you try to use a sea throw net, tourney throw net, med. throw net, lg. throw net, or lg. tourney throw net, a message reading, "Sorry, the Fishing Tourney is now over," will be displayed.
If the above message is displayed, no items or Leaf Tickets will be expended.
Any trophies from this Fishing Tourney will be sent to your mailbox and can be collected from 2/18/20 at 6:00 a.m. until 2/19/20 at 5:59 a.m.
■ Available Tourney Fish
The following tourney fish can be caught at Saltwater Shores for a limited time. Catch these fish to reach total-size goals and receive rewards.
· honey sea slug
· honey sea horse
· honey eel
Note: Tourney fish will disappear if they have not been given to Chip by the time the Fishing Tourney ends.
■ Total-Size Rewards
· Rewards can be claimed by delivering tourney fish to Chip and reaching total-size goals. The rewards you receive will vary depending on the total size you've reached.
· You can check the requirements for each reward by going to Goals, then Total Size, and then Reward List in the Fishing Tourney menu.
· The heartifacts are event items required to complete seasonal goals during the seasonal event.
· If you log in while the trophy is available for pickup, the tourney fish in your inventory will be automatically measured and reflected in your total-size record. If there are still rewards that you could have received by turning these fish in, they will be sent to your mailbox.
■ Chip Challenge Rewards
Rewards can be claimed by completing Chip Challenges. What you receive will depend on the challenge.
· Information about the challenges can be found in the Fishing Tourney menu under Goals and then Chip Challenges.
· Rewards for completing Chip Challenges are delivered directly to you. If your inventory is full and you can't receive your reward, it will be sent to your Mailbox.
· When the event period is over, Chip Challenges will end and you will be unable to collect your rewards.
· If you log in while the trophy is available for pickup, rewards you have not yet received will be sent to your mailbox regardless of whether you have completed the challenges or not. If you log in after the trophy-pickup period, you will be unable to collect your rewards.
■ Fishing Tourney Trophies
After the event ends, all players who turned in at least one fish to Chip will receive a trophy corresponding to the total size of their tourney fish.
· 5.0-899.9 cm: wood fish trophy
· 900.0-1419.9 cm: bronze fish trophy
· 1420.0-3399.9 cm: silver fish trophy
· Over 3400.0 cm: gold fish trophy
Note: Trophies will remain in your mailbox past the cut-off date, but the trophy rank-up message will not be displayed. If you wait until after the cut-off date, it's also possible that your Fishing Tourney records will not be properly saved on your trophy, so it's highly recommended that you log in during the pickup period to claim your trophy.
Posted: February 24, 2020 at 6:00 AM