Fishing Tourney 8
For a detailed guide for this event, see Fishing Tourney 8: How to Play .
Fishing Tourney #8 is an event featuring Chip which utilizes the Saltwater Shores location. The event introduces rare types of fish, as well as anniversary-themed rewards.
The tourney began on November 21st and the player could collect fish to complete the challenges and goals until November 27th 5:59am (UTC). The trophy earned for the tourney was available in the player's mailbox from November 27th to November 28th 5:59am (UTC).
Fish could be obtained various ways:
- By fishing with the regular fishing rod near sparkling water, for a total of 7 spawns per 3-hour rotation. There is a 13% chance for a single spawn to result in capturing two fish at the same time.
- By renting the Golden Rod and using it to fish near sparkling water, for a total of 7 spawns per 3-hour rotation. Each spawn will result in capturing two fish at the same time.
- By using the Tourney Throw Net (Sea) to capture x1 Gold Olive Flounder plus 5 random tourney fish.
- By buying a Lg. Tourney Throw Net (Sea) and using it to capture x3 Gold Olive Flounder, x1 Gold Horse Mackerel, x1 Gold Football Fish, x1 Gold Tuna, plus 4 random tourney fish.
- By fulfilling requests for villagers at the campsite and receiving fish as a reward.
Fish could be turned in to Chip at any point during the tourney, although once the player had at least 20 fish in their inventory Chip would automatically collect them all.
The player only received one trophy at the end of the event, for the highest level earned.
The event-specific Fish for the Fishing Tourney 8 are:
These were timed goals which lasted the entire duration of the event period. The Event Challenges (Chip Challenges) are as follows:
All of the fish caught by the player and given to Chip will have their sizes added to a total combined size. When this combined size reaches a goal, the player receives a reward. Excluding trophy rewards, one of the items within that reward pool will be randomly selected. Rewards will not be duplicated until all of the items have been given.
|Combined Fish Sizes||Reward(s)|
List of Furniture
|Silver Dessert Buffet||Obtained during Fishing Tourney 8 by reaching total size goals.|
|Gold Dessert Buffet||Obtained during Fishing Tourney 8 by reaching total size goals.|
|Fruit-Punch Dispenser||Obtained during Fishing Tourney 8 by reaching total size goals or by completing the event challenge: catch Gold Horse Mackerel at least 21.0cm x25.|
|Lemonade Dispenser||Obtained during Fishing Tourney 8 by reaching total size goals or by completing the event challenge: catch Gold Football Fish at least 53.0cm x10.|
|Cheese Fondue||Obtained during Fishing Tourney 8 by reaching total size goals.|
|Chocolate Fondue||Obtained during Fishing Tourney 8 by reaching total size goals.|